Whether you are a dancer, designer, musician, sculptor, app builder, lighting technician, production manager, art education teacher, photographer or animator. We are de Kunstenbond.
De Kunstenbond is for all creative individuals in the Netherlands who share a passion for creating. A beautiful passion to us, but what about the reward? A fair income for all creators makes sense, yet this often is not the reality. We want to change that.
A full membership includes:
- A maximum of 20 hours of legal support per year
- Free use of our tax services for employees (for freelancers € 85, -)
- Free use of our debit services (up until € 350, -)
- A one-time free business advice per year.
Certainties with a full membership:
De Kunstenbond will have your back: Our (legal) advisors support, advise and, if necessary, take legal action when requested by you. With a full membership you are directly entitled to 3 hours of legal support after which you will build up legal hours per half year to a maximum of 20 hours.
Always answers to your question
Our frontline helpdesk can inform you on questions concerning income, intellectual property, music contracts, employment, and social security. They can also screen contract and other agreements.
Apart from that the Kunstenbond provides business advice on your start-up, rate, disability insurance, pension and portfolio.
Employee or freelancer; become a member and place yourself in a stronger position.
- Influence your terms of employment
- Support you in future conflicts with your employer or client
- Help you with personal injury when involved in a conflict
- Provide a good collective labor agreement for your sector
- Provide personal business advice
- Give a discount on health insurance, disability insurance and instrument insurance.
Image creators and private copying levy
Visual artists, illustrators, photographers, animators and anyone who registers in the Visual and DAMD sectors, will receive a sum of € 30, – per year on his or her bank account for private copying levy via de Kunstenbond.
The Pictoright Foundation collects this sum, and, in turn, we collect it from them. This distribution is and will remain one of the spearheads of de Kunstenbond.
Since June 1st, 2018, the Ntb (Nederlandse Toonkunstenaarsbond) has merged with de Kunstenbond. If you are a musician or are active in the music sector, you will automatically become a member of the music / Ntb department.
Music authors and VCTN
Are you a music author or composer registered with Buma/Stemra and decide to become a member of the Kunstenbond / Ntb? In this case your interests are directly represented by the Association of Composers and Lyricists (VCTN), an initiative of the Kunstenbond / Ntb.